The Jewish community of Vynohradiv (Seilish in Hungarian) emerged in the 18th century with a peak population of 4,262 in 1941. There is a tombstone of Reb Yisroel Boruch Pewzner, father of Reb Schneur Zalman of Liadi, in the old Jewish cemetery in the town, which is the oldest preserved Jewish tombstone in the Zakarpatya region. The new cemetery emerged after attempts to demolish the old Jewish cemetery by the Soviet authorities.
In 2019 ESJF with the support of Geder Avos and American Jewish philanthropic organizations cleared the site and erected a fence around the cemetery.
click to view larger images: