Jews settled in Melnysta-Podilska from the time it became a city in 1767. The community reached its peak population of 1,568 in 1931. In the late 19th century, the famed gaon Rabbi Meshulam Rath lived in this community, Rabbi Rath was later the brother in law of Rabbi Moses Josef Rubin.
The cemetery was used until the 1900s, when a new cemetery was opened.
In 2019, ESJF with the support of Geder Avos and American Jewish philanthropic organizations, cleared the site and erected a fence around the cemetery.
click to view larger images: