The Jewish community of Fastiv emerged presumably in the 17th century and was destroyed during the Khmelnytsky uprising of 1648-49. It reemerged in the 18th century, reaching a peak Jewish population of 5,595 in 1897. From 1772 until 1776, Fastiv was the home of Reb Avraham ha-Malach, son of Reb Dovber the Maggid of Mezhirich. After WWII, his remains were transferred from the old Jewish cemetery to the new cemetery.
In 2019, ESJF with the support of Geder Avos and American Jewish philanthropic organizations, cleared the site and erected a fence around the cemetery.
click to view larger images: